A Place To Call Home
Grey County. Colour it your way!
Owen Sound is geographically located in a perfect place for nature lovers and city socialites. Excellent medical facilities, culture, shopping, and nature can all be found within Owen Sound. Locals can easily plan day trips to suit their needs accordingly.
Owen Sound In Their Own Words
"Known as the Scenic City, Owen Sound features an expansive harbour and bay, winding rivers, tree-lined streets, extensive parks and trails and a thriving, historic downtown.
Key natural attractions include Inglis Falls, Harrison Park, Kelso Beach Park, and several conservation areas. The Bruce Trail forms a ribbon around the city along the escarpment, connecting waterfalls and revealing a wide array of flora and fauna, including rare ferns.
Once named a Cultural Capital of Canada, the city is home to numerous festivals and events, such as the Summerfolk Music & Crafts Festival, the Salmon Spectacular fishing derby, the Concours d'Elegance and the Festival of Northern Lights."
Visit The Official Owen Sound Website To Learn More
Medical Facilities in Owen Sound
The Owen Sound Regional Hospital is an advanced medical facility unlike any other in the area.
To find a similar hospital in Ontario you would have to travel to a city 3 or 4 times larger than Owen Sound. The OSRH has a full range of medical services, such as ambulatory care, oncology, emergency, surgical care, diagnostic imaging etc. The facility provides advanced medical care, employs over 100 specialist physicians and services over 100 beds.
Other Amenities in Owen Sound
- Owen Sound Medical Centre
- Grey Bruce After Hours Clinic
- Bay Street Walk-in Clinic
- Grey Bruce Hospice
- Grey Bruce VON
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Various private medical and dental facilities
- UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve (Niagara Escarpment) - minutes away
- Sauble Beach - 30 minutes
- Collingwood and Blue Mountain - 45 minutes
- Chi-Cheemaun Ferry in Tobermory - 1.5 hours
- Barrie - 1.5 hours
- Kitchener/Waterloo - 1.5 hours
- Toronto - 2 hours
- Georgian Bay, Lake Huron, and various rivers
- The Bruce Trail
- Cross country skiing trails
- Blue Mountain
- Harrison Park
- Off-Leash Dog Park
- Various golf courses
- Various walking trails